The QUASAR™ MRI-Compatible Respiratory Motion Phantom is designed to move a cylindrical insert, filled with liquid or gel, within a water filled body shaped oval.
The programmable phantom is capable of moving inserts in the superior/inferior direction at varying speeds and amplitudes. A more complex 3D motion profile is achieved by twisting the insert during translation. Interchangeable inserts are available for imaging, planning, targeting and delivery QA.
The QUASAR™ MRI-Compatible Respiratory Motion Phantom uses the same software application as the QUASAR™ Respiratory Motion Phantom to display, edit, and run patient specific respiratory waveforms. Waveforms are created using the application or imported from vendor specific MR respiratory tracking systems or from tab delimited spreadsheet files.
The software application is compatible with Windows 7 or better, and runs on desktop or laptop computers. Create, import, edit, and save respiratory waveforms with the QUASAR™ Respiratory Motion Software application. Edit functions include adjusting the amplitude, stretching or compressing the timeline and filtering out high frequency noise, low frequency drift and cardiac signals.
- Compatible with low and high field strength MRI scanners
- Diamagnetic phantom consists of MR safe materials
- Compact mechanical design is properly RF shielded
- Operate the MR safe motion QA phantom directly from a PC or laptop
- Stream patient-specific respiratory motion waveforms
- Produce uniform and non uniform linear motion
- Interchangeable inserts for multiple testing applications
- Includes an unlimited multiple site software license
- MRI compatible motor is unaffected by the magnetic field at 1.5T and 3T
- Produces negligible susceptibility artefacts/image distortion
- Enables system to operate within the magnet bore and does not degrade SNR in MRI images
- Communicate with phantom through local area network
- Requires no additional programming or customization
- Flexibility to move inserts along a straight line or rotate with a twist to create 3D motion
- Cost-effective way to increase overall testing capabilities
- Install the software on an unlimited number of computers at all official sites
Motion QA Software Included
The QUASAR™ MRI-Compatible Respiratory Motion Phantom comes with motion QA software which allows you to display, edit, and run programmable or patient specific respiratory motion waveforms. Pre-recorded waveforms are imported from a number of real-time respiratory gating systems as well as tab delimited spreadsheet files.
Users can also create, edit and save custom respiratory waveforms with an editable respiratory range of 1 to 15 seconds per breath. Additional edit functions include adjusting the amplitude, stretching or compressing the timeline and filtering out high frequency noise, low frequency drift and cardiac signals.
The motion QA software application runs on desktop or laptop computers and is compatible with Windows 7 or better.
Software Capability Highlights
- Import patient-specific waveforms
- Create custom waveforms
- Edit patient-specific & custom waveforms
- Adjust the amplitude, stretching or compressing the timeline
- Filter out high frequency noise, low frequency drift and cardiac signals
QUASAR™ Cylindrical Respiratory Motion Phantom
Simulates patient breathing by moving interchangeable inserts inside a cylindrical diode array.
QUASAR™ Catphan® Shaker Phantom
Designed to enable 4D CT image QA by moving a Catphan® phantom with programmable respiratory and sinusoidal motion profiles.
QUASAR™ Dynamic Contrast Enhanced CT System (DCE-CT)
Is routinely used to quantify and calibrate the CT number linearity for densities applicable to iodine injections.
QUASAR™ Respiratory Motion Phantom
A state-of-the-art breathing simulator for conducting QA testing on radiotherapy systems using patient respiratory waveforms.
QUASAR™ Respiratory Motion Platform
Designed to move your existing phantoms with programmable respiratory and sinusoidal motion profiles for patient-specific QA.
Check out our product overview and demonstration videos.
Browse through our collection of photos to get an up-close look at some of the detail.
Click to learn more about the product specifications and ordering information.
Product Data Sheet
Download brochure to learn more about the features and components.