A flexible QA tool designed to perform both dosimetric and nondosimetric tests on radiotherapy systems, the QUASAR™ Multi-Purpose Body Phantom incorporates a wide variety of test objects in a solid acrylic housing.
Characterized by its adaptability to on-going advances in QA technology, the QUASAR™ Multi-Purpose Body Phantom offers a broad range of applications for modern radiotherapy clinics:
Non-dosimetric test capabilities:
- Geometric accuracy of 2D images and 3D image reconstructions
- 2D and 3D measurement tools including volume calculation accuracy
- Automatic, semi-automatic and manual boundary identification tools
- Auto-margining tools
- Representation and manipulation of contoured patient anatomy
- Dose volume histograms
- Conversion of CT numbers to relative electron densities
- Comparison of display on simulators, RTPS and other imaging workstations
- Image transfer, storage, retrieval, DICOM tools on all workstations
Dosimetric measurement capabilities:
- Verify dosimetry calculations with Ion Chamber measurements; compatible with Ion Chambers from major suppliers
- Measure in low or high dose areas with multiple measurement locations throughout the phantom
- Perform homogeneous density measurements with blank acrylic rods and inserts
- Use inhomogeneous inserts to test density corrections in an idealized near anthropomorphic geometry
- Dosimetric and nondosimetric tests for end-to-end RT system testing
- Published pass/fail criteria for a number of tests in the TG 53 and TG 66 Reports
- Interchange inserts quickly and easily
- Used for IMRT, IGRT, VMAT, SRS and Tomotherapy
- Converts to an IGRT gating phantom with the addition of the QUASAR™ Respiratory Motion Assembly
As technology evolves, so does the range of standard inserts for the QUASAR™ Multi-Purpose Body Phantom, offering more complex QA capabilities:
- 27 cc acrylic cube within a 125 cc Delrin cube, within an 8 cm diameter by 12 cm long acrylic cylinder
- 20° air wedge (40 cc) within an 8 cm diameter by 12 cm long acrylic cylinder including two Delrin rods; 5 mm diameter and 10 mm diameter by 5 cm long
- 60° air wedge in 8 cm diameter by 12 cm long acrylic cylinder including three Delrin spheres; 40 mm, 20 mm and 10 mm diameter
- 2 cedar inserts and 2 solid acrylic inserts 8 cm diameter by 12 cm long
- 1 Ion Chamber Holder 2 cm diameter by 18 cm long drilled to match Ion Chamber
- 1 Bone equivalent (B 100) rod, 2 cm diameter by 12 cm long
- 5 Electron Density rods, 3 cm diameter by 2 cm long; Lung (Inhale), Polyethylene, Water Equivalent, Inner Bone, Dense Bone
Spatial Resolution/Slice Profile Insert
The optional spatial resolution and slice profile insert is a cost-effective tool designed to carry out important CT scanner QA functions. The acrylic insert contains an array of holes to measure line pair resolution and an aluminum plate at a 45˚ angle to measure slice profile. Use of the optional insert allows integration of CT scanner QA with radiotherapy QA, thereby saving time and effort. The versatile nature of the Multi-Purpose Body Phantom’s design means that the body oval stays in place while only a quick change of inserts is required to prepare the phantom for the new set of tests.
Additional InsertsConvert any optional QUASAR™ Respiratory Motion Phantom Insert to a stationary QUASAR™ Multi-Purpose Body Phantom insert by using the MP Insert Adapter.
Read More +
Add Gating Capabilities
The QUASAR™ Multi-Purpose Body Phantom can also be easily converted into an IGRT Gating Phantom by adding the programmable QUASAR™ Respiratory Motion Assembly, thereby offering a cost-effective way to increase overall testing capabilities.
Read More +
QUASAR™ Respiratory Motion Rotation Stage
Adds non-linear motion to the QUASAR™ Respiratory Motion Phantom to enable inserts to rotate as they translate.
QUASAR™ Cylindrical Respiratory Motion Phantom
Simulates patient breathing by moving interchangeable inserts inside a cylindrical diode array.
QUASAR™ Respiratory Motion Phantom
A state-of-the-art breathing simulator for conducting QA testing on radiotherapy systems using patient respiratory waveforms.
Browse through our collection of photos to get an up-close look at some of the detail.
Obtain a list of references and published research papers.
Click to learn more about the product specifications and ordering information.
Product Data Sheet
Download brochure to learn more about the features and components.