The QUASAR™ Penta-Guide Phantom is used for the commissioning and daily testing of Image-Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT) systems. The QUASAR™ Penta-Guide Phantom ensures the accuracy of linac-mounted image guidance systems, including cone beam CT (CBCT), x-ray volumetric imaging (XVI) and on-board imaging (OBI).
Minimize imaging artifacts by making use of the Penta-Guide's low-density objects to allow for rapid and easy daily testing of:
- 3D cone beam registration
- kV and MV system coincidence
- kV and MV projection images
- Laser and light field coincidence
- Remote table adjustments
Daily Simultaneous QA Testing
Used by a therapist every morning, testing takes little or no extra time and can be completed during normal daily equipment warm-up procedures. Ideally, one QUASAR™ Penta-Guide Phantom should be used per linac allowing simultaneous system testing and preventing unnecessary start-up delays.
- Enables daily testing to ensure on-board imaging targeting accuracy
- Contains low-density rings and hollow spheres to minimize high-density artifacts
- Includes FREE image analysis software to simplify CBCT QA testing
- Apply simple Pass / Fail acceptance criteria
- Testing does not infringe upon patient treatment time
- Light field alignment 4x4; 10x10; 12x12
- 16 cm cube -5kg
- 1/4 mm accuracy
Daily Image-Guided Radiation Therapy Quality Assurance Software
Automatically analyze 3D CBCT and 2D kV-MV imaging for your IGRT QA program
QUASAR™ Penta-Guide QA Software is a time-saving application designed to simplify, enhance and automate the image analysis, trending and reporting of 3D CBCT and 2D kV-MV projection images necessary for the QA of image-guided radiation therapy programs.
The software is available in two editions, QUASAR™ Penta-Guide [Enterprise] and QUASAR™ Penta-Guide [Lite]. The Enterprise edition utilizes a central SQL database to enable system administrators to manage machine configurations, define user-roles, security access levels and adjust outgoing mail server settings to automatically send test results to physicist to view, approve, analyze and monitor trends. The central server runs unattended in the background and automatically analyzes QUASAR™ Penta-Guide Phantom images based on the DICOM tag configuration. Test results are retained in the central SQL database for long-term storage and trend analysis.
The QUASAR™ Penta-Guide [Lite] edition is a simpler version of the Enterprise application without the advance SQL database features. Modus is pleased to offer the QUASAR™ Penta-Guide [Lite] as a FREE Download to customers who have purchased QUASAR™ Penta-Guide Phantoms.
- Acceptance testing and commissioning of IGRT systems
- Automated image analysis tools for analyzing image quality
- Capable of assessing IGRT characteristics & performance
- Analyzes accuracy of registration/couch movements, scaling & isocenters
- Displays Pass/Fail criteria with Green/Red traffic lights
- Results are contained within a formal Adobe PDF report
- Meets the recommended minimum practice standards
- Improves workflow efficiency
- Compares results to measurements taken at the time of commissioning
- Helps to maintain treatment quality and patient safety
- Indicates whether tolerance criteria have been achieved
- Improves the quality of service to patients
RELATED PHANTOMS, SOFTWARE & ACCESSORIES
QUASAR™ Penta-Guide Software
Designed to simplify and enhance daily cone beam CT QA through automated image analysis. This time-saving application automates the analysis and reporting for kV-MV projection images as well as 3D cone beam CT images.
QUASAR™ IsoCenter Cube Phantom
Designed to perform a modified Winston-Lutz test for IGRT accuracy and analyze EPID radiation field exposures and report various errors.
QUASAR™ Penta-Guide Lehmann Yoke
The QUASAR™ Penta-Guide Phantom comes with a Lehmann Yoke for verifying the source to surface distance (SSD) indicator.
QUASAR™ Penta-Guide Hood
Used to confirm that the Varian Frameless Array or other visual position indicator is aligned with the CBCT and OBI.
Browse through our collection of photos to get an up-close look at some of the detail.
Obtain a list of references and published research papers.
Click to learn more about the product specifications and ordering information.
Product Data Sheet
Download brochure to learn more about the features and components.